Utilize Healthy Optimism to be more effective in reaching your goals.
- Be realistic about challenges and obstacles, but be optimistic about your ability to overcome them. This will help you to plan ahead, rather than be surprised. Remember, luck comes to those who have a plan!
- Create a positive mental picture of your goal. Our brain works more efficiently when we have a goal we feel passionate about. Visualize how you will be different at your desired weight, rather than losing X number of pounds.
- Develop will power rather than won’t power. For example, focus on the healthy foods you will eat rather than those you can’t eat.
- Recognize your progress. An optimistic perspective can help reduce procrastination by focusing on the changes you are making, rather than how far you still have to go. Monitor your progress to determine what’s working and what’s not. Make changes gently and incrementally.
- Remember the tortoise and the hare. It is endurance that gets us to the finish line. It takes about a month to create a new habit. During that time, visualize what your life will be like when you have achieved your goal. Let Healthy Optimism guide you to success.